We like to keep active!
The Active School Flag was launched by the Department of Education in 2009. It is a non-competitive initiative which seeks to recognise schools that strive to achieve a physically active and physically educated school community.
We are currently renewing our Active Flag and have been keeping active since September. Some of the active things we have done so far include dances in assembly, taking part in a whole school Céilí, participating in 10@10 Operation Transformation videos, Sporty Spring and lots, lots more.
Check out our notice board in school for updates, or ask an Active School Committee Member!
Scroll down to read all about Active Week 2017!
Active School Committee
Active Week Schedule : June 12th – 16th, 2017
Here is an outline of the extremely busy week we had!
- Children will wear the school tracksuit and runners every day.
- We will have some ‘active homework’.
- We will have ‘Wake-up, Shake-up’ dances on assembly days.
- We will do our Sporty Spring stations every morning from 8.20 a.m.
Monday 12th June
- ‘Get Fit with Phil’ – Phil Nolan from Ben Dunne Gyms
- Dodgeball match 3rd vs 4th Class
Tuesday 13th June
- Tug of War Tuesday
- Dodgeball match 5th Class vs. 6th Class
Wednesday 14th June
- Well-Being Wednesday (we will focus on yoga and mindfulness)
- There will be lots of different activities to help us focus our minds.
- Dodgeball match 1st 2nd Class
Thursday 15th June
- Drop Everything and Dance Day
- Jersey day (children are invited to wear a jersey/sports top of their choice)
- Dodgeball Match (Teacher and student combo!)
Friday 16th June
- Active Day: Children will be given a team colour. They are invited to wear their teams’ colour to school on this day.
- An ice-cream van will visit the school and give us all a treat!
We feel fit and ready for the SUMMER!